Your first article
How to write your first article in guitarhertz.com. How to have your first article published in https://guitarhertz.com in less than 5 minutes.
Let's get started?
After you registered and login into https://app.guitarhertz.com, you'll see something like the following figure.
Figure 1 - Author Dashboard
To create a new article, simply click on "New" under Articles
You'll be asked to provide the title for the article. You can change your mind later.
Figure 2 - Add tile
Then, you'll be prompted for the details of the article.
If you have your article already written, open it as a text file to copy the text without any stylings. You can then paste in the body area and add appropriate stylings, such as header, quotes, etc, using the controls present.
Image 3 - Add Article content.
- Title - This is the title of your article. It can be changed later. Maximum of 140 characters.
- Introduction/Lead text - This is the text that will be shown to users before the main content and in the listing page, as a summary.
- Image to show on top - This is the image that will be shown before the main content of your article. To add new, click on "Select from Image Library". If you're not sure about what images to use, don't worry, our editor's team will help. If you want to upload one image that you own, then you can see this article explaining it.
- Image to show on the list - This is the image that will be shown on the main page. It will be shown with the Introduction/Lead text. See the main page https://guitarhertz.com to have an idea where it will be shown. Like the image to show on top, if you're not sure, just leave it blank. We'll help to find good images for your content.
- Content Body - This is where your main content will be added. Use the toolbar to add styles to the content, such as header, quotes, lists, etc.
- Fullscreen - In order to better edit your content, click the arrows to make the editor in fullscreen
Don't forget to save your article frequently.
After you finished editing your article, you're ready to preview it and submit it for publishing.
To Preview an article, on the top click in "Preview". This will open another tab with a preview of your article. Allow the application to open other tabs and windows if prompted.
When you're happy with your content, you need to create a revision and submit it for publishing.
To create a revision, click in "Create Revision"
Figure 4 - Create revision button
A new revision will be created and selected. Notice that the status is "Unpublished"...
Figure 5 - Unpublished revision and "Submit for Publishing" button.
Now your article has been submitted for publishing. You can cancel the submission by clicking on "Cancel publishing request"
Figure 6 - Article requested to be published
If you want to see all the revision, click in "Show Revisions" to expand the revisions panel.
That's it. Now your content was submitted for publishing. Our editors will help you to make final adjustments, if needed, and publish it to https://guitarhertz.com and its networks.